I have loved history and genealogy since grade school. I was hooked the moment my third-grade teacher asked, “Where does your family come from?”
Back then, I didn’t have a clear answer. Now my answer is more complete, although complicated by adoption and non-traditional family ties. My roots are deep in Colonial New England, but I also have ancestors that immigrated from Germany, France, Canada, and Ireland. And, if family folklore and DNA clues hold out, I can throw in Algonquin and Scandinavian!
The lives of our ancestors can be a real puzzle, but therein lies the fun and the challenge. In my experience, planning, perseverance, and patience go a long way in helping to track down even the most elusive ancestors.
If you have hit a brick wall and would like a fresh perspective, I would love to help you. If you are new to genealogy, I would love to help you with a sound research plan and goals. And, if you are already a seasoned genealogist, but need help with local records, I can help you too.
I look forward to teaming up with you!
- Certificate in Genealogical Studies – Methodology, National Institute for Genealogical Studies
- Certificate in Public Relations, University of Washington
- BA Fine Art, Smith College
- Colonial America
- New England
- Pacific Northwest
- Quaker Records
- House Histories
- Seattle Genealogical Society – Board of Directors
- National Genealogical Society
- Association of Professional Genealogists
- APGEN Puget Sound Chapter
- New England Historic Genealogical Society
- Rhode Island Genealogical Society
- National Genealogical Society Quarterly Study Group
- Deerfield Descendants
- Document retrieval
- Project planning